The Daily Post’s Daily Prompt for today is: The Satisfaction of a List.
You are asked to make a list, any list, and share it with your readers.
Though I don’t usually manage to churn out responses to the Daily Writing Challenges, this one caught my eye because I am a lister and I love lists.
The list I’m sharing with you:
20 45 Things I’m Afraid I Won’t Get to Do Before I Die:
- Watch my kids go off to Fourth Grade
- Put my toes in the ocean again
- Dance with my sons at their weddings in 15 years or so
- Have my overdue eye exam — and get stylish new glasses
- Hold a new baby
- Be my youngest sister’s matron of honor (she’s 20)
- Get a new puppy
- Hold my grandchildren
- Finish the next season of The Walking Dead
- See Mumford & Sons in concert
- Have the option to opt out of going to my 10-year college reunion (because I don’t feel like going, not because I’m dead)
- Visit my family’s homeland (England/Scotland)
- Celebrate my sons’ 10th birthdays
- Publish my novel
- Finish writing said novel
- Publish a children’s book
- Use my teaching degree
- See some of my dearest friends again — jme, Jin, Loren, Sue, Sheri, Gil
- Make it to another winter (and I hate winter)
- Watch my children graduate from (and start!) high school
- See the love of my life again
- Experience what it’s like to have hormones again (or go a day without being hot and drenched from night/day sweats one minute and then shivering cold the next)
- Shed tears as I pack my kids up for college
- Shed tears as I wave my kids off to middle school
- See my mother happy
- Get divorced
- Be with someone who truly cares for me & who will miss me when I’m gone
- Listen to a lot more music
- Learn to play piano
- Live a day where money doesn’t keep me from doing the things I want to do for my kids
- Travel more
- Start a new job
- Hear that there is a cure/vaccine for cancer
- Show my kids the world
- Fall asleep snuggled next to my kids and my dogs more
- Experience a pain-free day
- Remember what it’s like to have energy
- To stress out about doing next year’s taxes
- Turn 40
- Turn 50
- Turn 60
- Turn 70
- Grow old
- To let go of everything that is holding me back…
- To say that I truly lived — and mean it…
If you’d like to respond to a Daily Post Daily Prompt, just click one of the links below.
I love The Daily Post’s Weekly Photo Challenge theme for this week — Color.
Though you’d never surmise it from my clothing (my wardrobe consists primarily of 3 hues (if you can call them that!) — brown, grey and black)), I love color.
I have a difficult time imagining a world without it. I have often thought that of all the senses to lose, I would likely miss sight the most. Of course losing the ability to taste during chemo made me question the theory I developed during my dismal ‘what if’ game. But, in the end, I reverted to my original thought — that it would be more upsetting to live in a world without color.
Its presence lift our spirits. Its absence brings us down. It is powerful and beautiful.
If you would like to participate in this week’s photo challenge, please click on one of the links below:
Though this wasn’t compiled in time for The Daily Post’s Weekly Photo Challenge last week, I did pull together the images for this purpose, so I will post with this title:
Weekly Photo Challenge: A Day in My Life — School Break
I hope you enjoy the photos. And I hope those of you with children home on winter break are managing / enjoying the time!
Thanks for visiting, always!
This week’s Daily Post Photo Challenge subject is: Home
These images represent HOME for me… Thank you for taking the time to visit…
If you would like to participate in The Daily Post’s Weekly Photo Challenges, click here: